Medical Device BD BG-T & Palliative Care Medicines Management Training
At the end of the session participants will be able to:
- Describe what a syringe driver is and the clinical reasons for it’s use.
- Identify the key features of the BD Bodyguard T Syringe Driver and demonstrate knowledge of the functionality.
- Demonstrate how to load a syringe in the BD Bodyguard T Syringe Driver and programme to deliver the contents of the syringe.
- Describe the care and maintenance of the BD Bodyguard T Syringe Driver.
- Discuss the common drugs used in a BD Bodyguard T Syringe Driver and the reasons for their use.
- Legalities in palliative care & at end-of-life.
- Common drugs used with BD BG™ T syringe pump.
Newly Qualified nursing staff or New to the Trust Qualified nursing Staff who work in the Community ONLY and have responsibility for setting up a T34 Syringe pump when caring for adult patients with palliative care/end of life care needs. Please access Refresher Syringe Driver Training through your Key Trainers in your own area. Please note that all training delivered at St Benedict’s Hospice is based on local policies and procedures.
St Benedict’s Hospice and Centre for Specialist Palliative Care, Ryhope, Sunderland, SR2 0NY
Dates & Times
- Wed 7th Feb 2024 – 13.30-16.30
- Wed 13th March 2024 – 13.30-16.30
- Thurs 6th June 2024 – 13.30-16.30
- Tues 3rd Sept 2024 – 13.30-16.30
- Wed 6th Nov 2024 – 13.30-16.30
- Mon 16th Dec 2024 – 13.30-16.30
£75.00 per person or free to South Tyneside and Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust staff members and can be booked through OLM/Oracle.
How to Book
South Tyneside & Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust Staff Members – Click Here to log onto Oracle/OLM and book your place
Care Home Staff
For staff working in a care home setting please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for current dates available for booking. Please also download the booking form (PDF format or Word Format) and return to email@example.com
If you would like further information on this course please do not hesitate to contact The Education Department on Tel: 0191 512 8437 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org