Communication Skills - How to have realistic conversations about what lies ahead
At the end of the session participants will be able to:
- Identify and discuss challenges in relation to having realistic conversations
- Identify and discuss specific challenges which may include:
- Initiating and undertaking an advance care planning conversation
- Initiating and undertaking breaking bad news conversations
- Initiating and undertaking talking about dying
- Demonstrate the relevant specific communication skills and behaviours required when undertaking realistic conversation
Qualified Clinical Staff who have regular patient contact.
Please note: this course can be utilised as supporting evidence for revalidation with the NMC and work in line with the principles and values set out in GMC Good Medical Practice (2013): Domain 3: Communication, partnership and teamwork.
St Benedict’s Hospice & Centre for Specialist Palliative Care, Ryhope, Sunderland, SR2 0NY
Dates & Times
• Tuesday 25th April 2023, 09.00-12.00
• Tuesday 12th September 2023, 09.00-12.00
• Tuesday 14th November 2023, 09.00-12.00
£125.00 per person or free to South Tyneside and Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust staff members and can be booked through OLM/Oracle.
How to Book
South Tyneside & Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust Staff Members – Click Here to log onto Oracle/OLM and book your place
If you would like further information on this course please do not hesitate to contact The Education Department on Tel: 0191 512 8437 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org