Palliative Care Foundation Course
A foundation programme to enable qualified practitioners to increase their confidence, knowledge and skill when providing services to adults with palliative and end of life care needs.
At the end of the session participants will be able to:
- To explain the philosophy of palliative care.
- To introduce the end of life strategy.
- To identify effective pain and symptom management.
- To examine what makes a good death.
- To identify and explore the challenges in practice.
- To introduce advance care planning and the need for effective communication.
- To consider the needs of carers and the bereaved.
Nurses and professionals allied to medicine who deliver palliative care as part of their work. Staff new to hospice work or working in hospital, primary care and nursing homes.
This is a 6 day course and attendance is mandatory at all 6 days.
St Benedict’s Hospice and Centre for Specialist Palliative Care, Ryhope, Sunderland, SR2 0NY
Dates & Times
- Thurs 11th, Thurs 18th, Thurs 25th, Tues 30th Jan & Thurs 8th & Thurs 15th Feb 2024, 09.15-16.30
- Fri 19th & 26th April, 3rd, 10th, 17th & 24th May 2024, 09.15-16.30
- Tues 10th, 17th & 24th Sept, 1st, 8th & 15th Oct 2024, 09.15-16.30
£600.00 per person or free to South Tyneside and Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust staff members and can be booked through OLM/Oracle.
How to Book
South Tyneside & Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust Staff Members – Click Here to log onto Oracle/OLM and book your place
If you would like further information on this course please do not hesitate to contact The Education Department on Tel: 0191 512 8437 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org