To support the development of knowledge and skill when caring for patients with palliative care and end of life care needs.
At the end of the session participants will be able to:
- Describe what is palliative care and end of life care.
- Discuss identification of patients with palliative care and end of life care needs; and recognising dying
- Illustrate compassion when describing a holistic assessment and personalised care planning.
- Clarify principles of symptom management and effective communication skills
Qualified Nursing & AHP Staff within both a Hospital or Community setting.
St Benedict’s Hospice and Centre for Specialist Palliative Care, Ryhope, Sunderland, SR2 0NY
Dates & Times
- Thursday 11th April 2024, 09.00-16.00 ***This session is taking place at Sunderland Royal Hospital***
- Thursday 13th June 2024, 09.00-16.00
- Friday 20th September 2024, 09.00-16.00
- Wednesday 13th November 2024, 09.00-16.00
How to Book
South Tyneside & Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust Staff Members – Click Here to log onto Oracle/OLM and book your place
Care Home Staff
For staff working in a care home setting please click here to download the flyer with dates and costings. Please also download the booking form (PDF format or Word Format) and return to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like further information on this course please do not hesitate to contact The Education Department on Tel: 0191 512 8437 or Email: email@example.com