Introduction to Palliative Care & End of Life Care for Health Care Assistants
To raise awareness and build on knowledge and skill for caring for patients with palliative care needs and end of life care needs.
At the end of the session participants will be able to:
- To describe what is palliative care and what is end of life care
- To describe your role as HCA in the provision of palliative care/ End of Life Care, using a case study approach.
- Identify barriers to effective communication and skills that can be applied to help with difficult questions.
- How to recognise the dying patient and how to care for them.
- Signposting to the key role and responsibilities of the HCA in care after death.
Heath Care Assistants within both a Hospital or Community setting.
St Benedict’s Hospice and Centre for Specialist Palliative Care, Ryhope, Sunderland, SR2 0NY
Dates & Times
- Wednesday 27th March 2024, 9.30-16.00
- Monday 2nd December 2024, 9.30-16.00 ***This session is taking place at Sunderland Royal Hospital***
How to Book
South Tyneside & Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust Staff Members – Click Here to log onto Oracle/OLM and book your place
Care Home Staff
For staff working in a care home setting please click here to download the flyer with dates and costings. Please also download the booking form (PDF format or Word Format) and return to email@example.com
If you would like further information on this course please do not hesitate to contact The Education Department on Tel: 0191 512 8437 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org