Advances in Palliative Care Course
An advanced programme to support the development of knowledge and skill in the assessment and management of palliative care patients with complex symptoms.
At the end of the session participants will be able to:
- To discuss and describe specific symptom issues related to non-cancer conditions.
- To discuss and illustrate the nurse’s contribution to end of life care for patients with non-cancer conditions.
- Revise; the function of the kidney, eGFR and CKD.
- Review the strong opioids individually and their use in renal failure.
- Describe the medicines used in renal failure at the end of life, stating the doses.
- Discuss the range of novel fentanyl products available and their use in renal failure.
- Identify and discuss challenges in relation to initiating and undertaking honest conversations about what lies ahead.
- Demonstrate the relevant specific communication skills and behaviours required when undertaking honest conversations about what lies ahead.
Qualified Nursing Staff who have already completed the 6 day Palliative Care Foundation Course within the last 5 years. If attendance on the 6 day Foundation Course was not within the last 5 years participants are invited to discuss their application with the Course Lead Samantha Bland (email@example.com). This course builds on the knowledge gained within the 6 day course. This is a three and a half day course and attendance is mandatory at all three and a half days. This course will contribute to CPD participatory learning as part of your NMC revalidation.
St Benedict’s Hospice and Centre for Specialist Palliative Care, Ryhope, Sunderland, SR2 0NY
Dates & Times
- Fri 26th Jan, 2nd, 9th & 16th Feb 2024, 09.15-16.30
- Thurs 2nd, 9th, 16th & 23rd May 2024, 09.15-16.30
£350.00 per person or free to South Tyneside and Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust staff members and can be booked through OLM/Oracle.
How to Book
South Tyneside & Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust Staff Members – Click Here to log onto Oracle/OLM and book your place
If you would like further information on this course please do not hesitate to contact The Education Department on Tel: 0191 512 8437 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org