Palliative Care Foundation Course (6 days)
“A foundation programme to enable qualified practitioners to increase their confidence, knowledge and skill when providing services to adults with palliative and end of life care needs”
At the end of the session participants will be able to:
- To explain the philosophy of palliative care.
- To introduce the end of life strategy.
- To identify effective pain and symptom management.
- To examine what makes a good death.
- To identify and explore the challenges in practice.
- To introduce advance care planning and the need for effective communication.
- To consider the needs of carers and the bereaved.
Nurses and professionals allied to medicine who delivers palliative care as part of their work, staff new to hospice work or working in hospital & community
Dates & Times
28th January, 4th, 11th, 18th & 25th February & 4th March 2021
|FULL - 9th, 16th, 23rd & 30th June & 7th & 14th July 2021
FULL - 4th, 11th, 16th & 25th November & 2nd & 9th December 2021
St Benedict's Hospice & Centre for Specialist Palliative Care, Ryhope, Sunderland, SR2 0NY
£400.00 per person or free to South Tyneside & Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust staff members and can be booked through OLM/Oracle.
This course is linked to University of Sunderland. Students have the option to complete Undergraduate /Postgraduate Certificate of Achievement in Improving Clinical Practice in Palliative and End of Life Care.
- This is available at no additional cost for a limited time: 2021-2023
- Faculty of Health Sciences and Wellbeing The School of Nursing and Health Sciences
- 20 level 6 or Level 7 credits
- Assessment: The short course is assessed by a 2500 word critical reflective essay situated in practice within your specialist area. Submission date is 4 weeks following the end of taught days
How to Book
South Tyneside & Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust Staff Members - Click Here to log onto Oracle/OLM and book your place
External Staff - please download the booking form (PDF format or Word Format) and return to email@example.com
If you would like further information on this course please do not hesitate to contact The Education Department on Tel: 0191 512 8437 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org