· Advances in Palliative Care
· Deciding Right Workshop Training
· Introduction to Palliative Care for Allied Health Professionals
· Introduction to Palliative Care for Nursing Staff
· Management and Use of Subcutaneous Fluids in Palliative Care Patients
· McKinley T34 Syringe Driver Training
· Palliative Care Foundation Course – 6 day for community and hospital nursing staff
· Palliative care course – 3 day for nurses from the care home sector
· Verification of Death training
· Enhanced Communication Skills
· Communication skills – initiating an advance care planning conversation considering
Deciding Right outcomes
· Communication skills – How to communicate with a dying person & their relatives / carers
· Sage & Thyme Level 1 Communication Skills
Gold Standards Framework
Our new Care Home programme will be starting in July 2017.
Aims of the Programme:
· To improve the quality and experience of care for residents
· To improve coordination and collaborative working with other health and social care staff
· To improve residents outcomes enabling more to live well and die where they choose, thus reducing unnecessary hospital admissions
To find out more about the programme, please visit the Gold Standards Framework website for details of the scheme or please download the introductory leaflet. If you are interested in applying for the Care Home Programme, see below for contact information.
If you are interested in knowing more about any of this training please contact:
Gail White, Education & Development Lead for Palliative Care on
Telephone: 0191 512 8434 or Email: StBen.EducationBookings2@stft.nhs.uk
We offer a range of services which provide support for patients 24 hours a day.
We offer a range of education and training opportunities to NHS and non-NHS staff.
Find out how we fundraise and how you can help.
St Benedict’s Hospice has provided specialist palliative care to the people of Sunderland and surrounding districts since 1984.
St. Benedict’s Hospice and Centre for Specialist Palliative Care
St. Benedict’s Way
Sunderland, SR2 0NY
Tel: (0191) 5128400
Registered Charity No 1019410